They say that the community is what makes a place special and gives it ‘heart’. This could be no more true than at Nambour Christian College, where our community is tremendously supported by selfless acts of kindness and support from our generous volunteers. Whether it’s a parent, a grandparent, a family member or a friend, volunteers significantly contribute to the success of NCC and provide our students with so much more than just an education.
Why Volunteer at NCC
There are many reasons to volunteer. Here are just a few:
- Provide fundraising assistance to help students go on trips, excursions, purchase school equipment or participate in programs
- Take a valuable interest in your child’s education and school and how it is shaping their character and learning.
- Make lifelong friendships and connections with like-minded parents and families
- Help students in their day to day learning on the sports field or in the classroom
- Give back to the College by helping us with your expertise, knowledge or workmanship!
All Volunteers at NCC need to abide by our Volunteer Induction process and policy.
- Please watch our Volunteer Induction Video by Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ).
- Review our Child Protection Policy
- Review our Volunteers Policy
- You will need a Blue Card if you are not a current parent. If you have a Blue Card, please include it in your Volunteer Application below. If you do not have one you can apply for one here.
Become a Volunteer today
There is a diverse range of activities and areas that volunteers can provide support and assistance to students and the College.
Students and families benefit greatly when parents become regularly involved in different activities in the College.
Listed below are some areas where your involvement would be greatly appreciated.
Performance & Instrumental Music
- Sorting/filing band and choir music
- Stage crew at events
- Event co-ordination
- Event volunteer – serving, cooking, etc
Sport – We are seeking coaches and assistance with our sports team and at carnival/events.
- Sport experience
- Any sport certifications (e.g. coaching level, officiating level)
Creative & Performing Arts
- Set construction
- Backstage – during performances
- Setting-up and removing stage and sets
- Miniature Horses
- Tractor driving
- Reading room
- Classroom help
- Literacy groups
- Maths groups
- Home Readers
- Perceptual Motor Program
- Special events
- Under 8’s Day
- Work in Junior School café
- Work in Middle & Senior School café
- Donation of goods
- Assist in the libraries
- Book fair
- Cover library books at home
If you would like to assist, please tick the area/s on the form below. You are more than welcome to help in any area of the College, regardless of which part of the College your child/ren attend. If there are any areas not listed, please list your skills at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to working with you, building strong relationships and ensuring each student’s gifts and abilities are developed to their full potential.
Join our “Friends of …” groups
A number of parents like to be involved in activities at the College because of the involvement of their children. At NCC, we have formed a number of “Friends of …” groups that allow parents with a common interest to support the activities of their children.