Our Junior School is well regarded for exceptional learning opportunities, warmth, care, and a supportive environment. It’s characterised by the importance placed on character, culture, the community and Christ-centred education.
We deliver structured routines, focused learning and fun – along with teachers, facilities and offerings being some of the best of Sunshine Coast Primary Schools.
Valued Students at our Sunshine Coast Junior Campus (Primary School)
We provide excellence in education and prioritise student care, where every child is known and valued by staff and their peers.
Knowing and nurturing our pupils provides the security and a platform for them to experience a positive approach to learning and achieve their best outcomes.
We teach from a biblical perspective using the Australian Curriculum to guide content. The most effective teaching strategies are pursued, including aspects of traditional Classical Education. Each year level has four specialist lessons per week in French, Music, Physical Education, and Library.
This Campus is committed to helping each individual love learning and gaining confidence in their abilities. Each member of staff is committed to providing a rigorous and differentiated experience for each student. The particular needs of pupils are further supported by the Learning Enrichment and Gifted and Talented program.
Students explore sound and enrich their artistic abilities through our instrumental and performing arts programs:
- Sporting pathways program,
- Inside Out drama company,
- And a variety of lunchtime interest groups that support and extend pupils.
We believe that students achieve their potential and make the most of their education when families and their colleges work together in partnership.
At this Campus, we foster the natural development of a close relationship with regular communication and involvement of parents in their child’s progress. They are actively encouraged to support their child’s study and contribute, particularly where they have expertise or knowledge that connects with the curriculum.
Christian, Dynamic and Unique Environment for Academic Excellence
Our Sunshine Coast Primary School offers a dynamic environment with diverse facilities:
- Beautifully landscaped grounds create an ambience for gaining knowledge and play
- Specialist French teacher from Prep for developing young minds
- Performance & Instrumental Music Program for all year levels, with full immersion in Year 4
- Award-winning band and choir program
- Specialists Science Laboratory and Drama Room
- Teachers are trained and responsible for pastoral care with assistance from specialist staff
- Christian teaching and values formation
See what we offer in a Junior Campus Classroom.
Purpose-built Facilities for Engaging Experiences
Our Multi-Purpose Centre (Abbenbroek building) facilities are comprehensive and modern to complement our teaching programs:
- Libraries – lower and upper Junior
- Science laboratory
- Music classroom
- Drama/performing arts room
- Music (band) rehearsal spaces
- Six instrumental music tuition rooms
- Separate Prep Centre with exclusive play area and equipment
- Extensive undercover recreation areas
- Outdoor adventure play areas – equipment, sandpit, soft fall mat
We also deliver excellence by:
- Dedicated Junior School Café (Tuckshop)
- Class sets of iPads – Prep to Year 3
- Individual devices for Years 4 to 6
- Large oval
- Access to the onsite Shalom Health & Fitness Centre (Gym, indoor basketball and other courts)
Get in touch with us today
Get in touch with our Sunshine Coast Primary School for more information on how to enrol your child at Nambour Christian College.