Our Junior School is known for its warmth and care, and for offering students a supportive environment which is characterised by the importance it places on character, learning and community.
We place immense emphasis on creating the perfect setting – delivering structured routines, focused learning and fun – along with teachers, facilities and offerings equivalent to the best you will find in anywhere Queensland.
Throughout the school, there is a clear sense that every child is known and valued by staff and students. Our priority on student care and expectations provide a good platform for students to be in the best possible mindset to approach learning and achieve their personal best outcomes.
As a Christian school, we teach from a biblical perspective using the Australian Curriculum to guide content and delivery. The most effective teaching strategies are pursued, including aspects of the highly acclaimed traditions of Classical Education. Each year level has four specialist lessons per week in the subjects: French, Music, Physical Education and Library.
The Junior School is committed to developing students who love learning and know themselves as well as effective learners. It is the commitment of each member of staff to provide a rigorous and differentiated learning experience for each student. The individual needs of students are further supported by the school’s Learning Enrichment department and our Gifted and Talented program.
Further opportunities for students are provided with our excellent Instrumental program, Choirs, Junior School band, sporting pathways program, Inside Out drama company, the Arts and a variety of lunchtime interest groups that support and extend students.
We believe that students achieve their potential and make the most of their learning when families and school work closely together in partnership. In the Junior School, we aim to foster the natural development of a close relationship with frequent communications and involvement of parents in their child’s learning. Parents are actively encouraged to support learning and contribute particularly where they have an area of expertise or knowledge that connects directly with the school curriculum.
What makes our Junior School unique amongst Sunshine Coast primary schools?
- Our beautifully landscaped grounds create an enjoyable backdrop to learning and play.
- Specialist French teacher from Prep (Language helps to develop young minds in multiple ways of value far beyond language)
- Performance & Instrumental Music Program for all year levels, with full immersion in Year 4 (also a brain-based learning initiative)
- Award-winning band and choir program
- Specialists Science Laboratory and Drama Room
- Each teacher is trained and responsible for pastoral care with assistance from specialist staff
- Christian teaching and values formation focused on character development
See what we offer in this virtual tour of a Junior School Classroom.
Purpose-built Junior School Facilities
At Nambour Christian College we have a Junior School Multi-Purpose Centre (Abbenbroek building) that provides:
- Libraries – lower and upper Junior School
- Science laboratory
- Music classroom
- Drama/performing arts room
- Music (band) rehearsal spaces
- Six instrumental music tuition rooms
- Separate Prep Centre with exclusive play area and equipment
- Extensive undercover recreation areas
- Play areas – equipment, sandpit, soft fall mat
Other facilities and inclusions for Junior School Students
- Dedicated Junior School Café (Tuckshop)
- Class sets of iPads in Prep to Year 3 classrooms
- Individual devices for all students in Upper Junior (Years 4 to 6)
- Several outdoor adventure playgrounds
- Large Junior School oval
- Access to the onsite Shalom Health & Fitness Centre (Gym, indoor basketball and other courts)
As a result of these investments, Junior School students at NCC enjoy the most comprehensive and modern facilities to complement the excellent teaching and learning programs.
Get in touch with us today
Get in touch with us today for more information on how to enrol your child in primary education at Nambour Christian College.