At NCC, we aim to provide quality facilities on par with those found in the best restaurants, to support and encourage students keen to pursue a career in hospitality.
The NCC Hospitality facility incorporates the following:
- ‘State of the art’ commercial kitchen with all the very latest equipment, including an additional bakery and pastry kitchen
- The 120 seat Whipbird restaurant with separate alfresco dining area
- Fully equipped coffee station and non-alcoholic bar
- Reception area
- Retail bakery
Students studying VET related catering and hospitality subjects do so in this first-class facility under the guidance of industry accredited chefs and hospitality staff. They learn leading industry skills and techniques and have the capacity to apply their knowledge in real-world situations.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Whipbird Restaurant and Trade Skills Centre.
Demand for Hospitality Skills
Nambour Christian College is one of just a small number of schools in Queensland to take the step from offering hospitality subjects to installing a fully operational commercial training kitchen and café restaurant. The Trade Skills Centre incorporates a “State of the Art” Commercial Pastry/ Baking kitchen and Retail Shop which form part of Hospitality.
Tourism and Hospitality are not only the largest employers on the Sunshine Coast, but also nationally, and perhaps internationally.
Increasingly, Australia is seen as a culinary leader, thanks in part to programs like Australian MasterChef, which is syndicated to great acclaim around the world. It, therefore, makes good sense for school students to learn skills that will allow them to gain employment virtually anywhere in the world.
Year 12 students graduating from NCC Hospitality regularly secure apprenticeships at Palazzo Versace resort on the Gold Coast and at local quality resorts such as the Noosa Sheraton and notable Sunshine Coast restaurants.
Nationally Accredited Hospitality Courses
At NCC, we offer Nationally Accredited Courses in Hospitality to our full time students in the areas of:
- SIT10216 Certificate I in Hospitality
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT30916 Certificate III in Catering Operations
- SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- FBP20217 Certificate II in Baking
NCC is the only school in Queensland, and one of three throughout Australia, that offers the Certificate II in Baking qualification.
Our students can be assured that they are prepared for traineeships, apprenticeships and employment with the most exacting and professional of employers, anywhere in the world.
Training for the Wider Community
As a registered RTO, the NCC Trades Skills Centre also offers courses out of school hours, to our students, family members, friends and the wider community in the following areas:
- RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol)
- Gluten-Free (pastries, breads, savoury)
- Modern Cake Decorating
- Knife Skills
- Foods from Around the World
- Pastries and Breads