Laying foundations for future learning
Nambour Christian College Prep stimulates and builds upon children’s curiosity and motivation to learn. Our goal is to provide students with a smooth transition into Year 1 by ensuring that foundations for future learning are established in a developmentally appropriate way.
Creativity and Education
Our Preparatory program introduces the child to the structures and expectations of schooling in a supportive environment, thus allowing the child to develop spiritually, socially, physically, emotionally, cognitively and creatively.
NCC is an environment where teachers:
- Are committed to modelling Christian values and teaching
- Care for children and are sensitive to their needs
- Are ongoing learners
- Know and use developmentally appropriate practices
- Monitor and facilitate children’s learning
- Work in partnership with parents
A child-responsive curriculum where learning is facilitated through the five contexts of:
- Play – investigation and reflection after play
- Real Life Situations – e.g. planning a group activity together; making wise choices
- Investigations – e.g. the weight of things and their capacity to hold water or float
- Routines and Transitions – planning together; cleaning up after activities
- Focused Learning & Teaching – strong focus on numeracy and literacy
Within these environments our passionate staff members respond to teachable moments when they can extend individual children’s learning experiences.
Each day in Prep is structured but allows for flexibility and the opportunity to explore according to the interest of the children. During the week, the following areas will be covered.
*co-ordinated by qualified, specialist teachers.
|Devotional time||Indoor activities||Outdoor activities|
|Individual activities||iPads||Physical Education*|
|Numeracy & literacy activities||Group work||Language|
|Perceptual Motor Program (PMP)||Fingergym||Library visit*|
NCC Prep classes are staffed by highly educated teachers and supported by a full-time Teacher Assistant for each class.