Work at NCC
A Vibrant School Community
At Nambour Christian College, we offer a dynamic learning environment that encourages every student to reach his or her true potential. The Nambour Christian College community supports our students as they learn and grow. Since our inception, this passionate group of individuals, families and local Sunshine Coast organisations has contributed greatly to the richness of school life at NCC.
Working At Nambour Christian College, Woombye
Nambour Christian College is a Sunshine Coast Christian school where staff members care passionately about the overall well-being of each of our students.
Our aim is to provide a quality educational environment that fosters security, support and success in academic, spiritual, social and physical areas of the students’ lives.
Our employment agreement with staff has six major priorities that are considered essential to the maintenance and preservation of the unique qualities, style and values of the College. These are:
- The distinctive ethos of the College
- God’s Word (the Bible) is our standard of truth
- The sense of a Christ-centred learning faith community
- The commitment to excellence in all endeavours
- The high quality of education provided by the College
- A commitment by staff to work, in co-operation with students and parents, to maximise learning outcomes for students.
As a staff member at NCC you can expect to enjoy a real faith community, regular times of devotion, outstanding facilities and gardens, all in a unique rainforest setting.
The College has a commitment to, and a reputation for, providing a supportive environment for professional development and personal growth. Nambour Christian College is a co-educational, inter-denominational Christian school located in the heartland of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. NCC educates approximately 1100 through three dedicated sub schools: Junior (P-6), Middle (7-9) and Senior (10-12). The College also contains an Early Learning Centre facility for children aged 15 months and above.
The following documents should be read when applying for a position at Nambour Christian College, as they provide the solid foundational requirements for all our staff.
Nambour Christian College
Teacher Assistant – Middle and Senior School
Part-time, term-time position (4 days per week)
Commencing Term 1, 2021
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Teacher Assistant to join our innovative Middle and Senior School Learning Enrichment/Support Department.
The successful applicant will:
- Have completed their Certificate IV in Education Support with specific qualifications pertaining to working with Students with Disabilities
- Support students over all subject areas in Years 7 to 12
- Support Teachers with diagnosed students while in the classroom environment
- Support students with special needs on excursions, sports carnivals and at breaks
- Be able to work to a daily timetable mainly within the mainstream classroom
- Be reliable and flexible with the ability to work in a changing environment
- Work as a team member
- Proficient with technology
- Communicate effectively with adults and students
- Hold a current Blue Card (working with children check) or able to obtain
The College’s practices are based on Biblical Christian principles and values. We seek committed Christians who have a passion to teach, model, guide and direct the lives of our students.
To apply, please see ‘How to Apply’ below
Applications close: 8am Thursday 7th January 2021
How to Apply
- Covering letter to the College Principal
- Completed relevant “Employment Application Form” and “Statement of Faith” located below
- Current CV
To: College Principal
Nambour Christian College
PO Box 500
NAMBOUR QLD 4560
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all enquiries, phone 07-54513333