Work at NCC
A Vibrant School Community
At Nambour Christian College, we offer a dynamic learning environment that encourages every student to reach his or her true potential. The Nambour Christian College community supports our students as they learn and grow. Since our inception, this passionate group of individuals, families and local Sunshine Coast organisations has contributed greatly to the richness of school life at NCC.
Working At Nambour Christian College, Woombye
Nambour Christian College is a Sunshine Coast Christian school where staff members care passionately about the overall well-being of each of our students.
Our aim is to provide a quality educational environment that fosters security, support and success in academic, spiritual, social and physical areas of the students’ lives.
Our employment agreement with staff has six major priorities that are considered essential to the maintenance and preservation of the unique qualities, style and values of the College. These are:
- The distinctive ethos of the College
- God’s Word (the Bible) is our standard of truth
- The sense of a Christ-centred learning faith community
- The commitment to excellence in all endeavours
- The high quality of education provided by the College
- A commitment by staff to work, in co-operation with students and parents, to maximise learning outcomes for students.
As a staff member at NCC you can expect to enjoy a real faith community, regular times of devotion, outstanding facilities and gardens, all in a unique rainforest setting.
The College has a commitment to, and a reputation for, providing a supportive environment for professional development and personal growth. Nambour Christian College is a co-educational, inter-denominational Christian school located in the heartland of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. NCC educates approximately 1100 through three dedicated sub schools: Junior (P-6), Middle (7-9) and Senior (10-12). The College also contains an Early Learning Centre facility for children aged 15 months and above.
The following documents should be read when applying for a position at Nambour Christian College, as they provide the solid foundational requirements for all our staff.
Nambour Christian College
School Cafe Assistant Chef
Full-time, Term-time Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and suitably qualified Chef to join our NCC Catering team on a full-time, term-time basis, Monday to Friday 7.00am to 3.00pm.
- Preparing food for the tuckshops/cafe and catering
- Coffee making
- Serving customers
- Stocking fridges and food displays
- Receiving, and storing deliveries
- To provide a friendly and cheerful environment for students and staff
- To develop and manage relationships with customers and suppliers
- To ensure the working environment is kept clean and free of hazards
- To be acquainted with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at work, food handling and hygiene regulations, fire-fighting equipment and precautions.
The successful applicant will:
Have a current Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent) and/or proven industry experience, a current/valid Working with Children Blue Card and be able to demonstrate commitment to the ethos of the College, including acceptance of the College’s Statement of Faith and Staff Lifestyle Requirements.
To apply, please see the ‘How to Apply’ section below.
Applications close 8am Monday 31 August 2020.
The College’s practices are based on Biblical Christian principles and values. We seek committed Christians who have a passion to teach, guide and direct the lives of our students.
Nambour Christian College
Infant, Toddler and General Swim Instructor
We are seeking a casual Infant, Toddler and General Swim Instructor to join our Learn to Swim team.
NCC early swimmers is a dynamic, fun and option filled program running from Nambour Christian College’s Learn to swim facility. We offer Learn to swim lessons for all ages for both the community as well as our private school based programs. NCC early swimmers is looking for a staff member who is motivated, flexible, energetic and goal orientated to join our growing team.
Based in our purpose built facility in Woombye, our pool is well-equipped and heated year round. We plan to grow and develop a progressive learn-to-swim program for all ages in a fun, structured environment with a focus on water safety.
This role will operate independently with the requirement to develop lesson plans, deliver lessons and set-up and pack-down all equipment to ensuring the pool remains safe before, during and after classes.
Skills and Experience
To be suitable for this position you must have a passion for swim teaching, be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be patient, have a natural focus on details and be reliable. You will be able to instil confidence in participants and be prepared to do more than just instruct, with your passion for swim teaching you will be excited to assist in growing the service.
The successful applicant will be able to work flexible hours, commit to set class times and have the following qualifications:
- Relevant Swim Australia Teacher of Babies and Toddlers Qualification
- Relevant Swim Australia Teacher Qualification
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current First Aid and CPR qualification
- Previous experience in infant, toddler and general learn to swim teaching is essential.
To apply: Please provide a cover letter (no more than two pages) and resume, which includes your work experience in the aquatic industry, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The College’s practices are based on historical Biblical Christian principles and values. We seek committed Christians who have a passion to teach, model, guide and direct the lives of our students.
How to Apply
- Covering letter to the College Principal
- Completed relevant “Employment Application Form”, “Statement of Faith” and “Lifestyle Requirements” located below
- Current CV
To: College Principal
Nambour Christian College
PO Box 500
NAMBOUR QLD 4560
or email to: email@example.com
For all enquiries, phone 07-54513333