Work at NCC
A Vibrant School Community
At Nambour Christian College, we offer a dynamic learning environment that encourages every student to reach his or her true potential. The Nambour Christian College community supports our students as they learn and grow. Since our inception, this passionate group of individuals, families and local Sunshine Coast organisations has contributed greatly to the richness of school life at NCC.
Working At Nambour Christian College, Woombye
Nambour Christian College is a Sunshine Coast Christian school where staff members care passionately about the overall well-being of each of our students.
Our aim is to provide a quality educational environment that fosters security, support and success in academic, spiritual, social and physical areas of the students’ lives.
Our employment agreement with staff has six major priorities that are considered essential to the maintenance and preservation of the unique qualities, style and values of the College. These are:
- The distinctive ethos of the College
- God’s Word (the Bible) is our standard of truth
- The sense of a Christ-centred learning faith community
- The commitment to excellence in all endeavours
- The high quality of education provided by the College
- A commitment by staff to work, in co-operation with students and parents, to maximise learning outcomes for students.
As a staff member at NCC you can expect to enjoy a real faith community, regular times of devotion, outstanding facilities and gardens, all in a unique rainforest setting.
The College has a commitment to, and a reputation for, providing a supportive environment for professional development and personal growth. Nambour Christian College is a co-educational, inter-denominational Christian school located in the heartland of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It is a Prep to Year 12 school with approximately 1100 students. The College also contains an Early Learning Centre facility for children aged 15 months and above.
The following documents should be read when applying for a position at Nambour Christian College, as they provide the solid foundational requirements for all our staff.
Nambour Christian College
Head of Middle School
Full-time position commencing Semester 2, 2020 (start date negotiable)
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Christian educator to lead our students in character development, scholarship and community connections.
The Head of Middle School will be a lead educator with the capacity to contribute to Nambour Christian College’s distinctive integrative model of Christian education, where the broad purposes of education are enacted (intellectual, physical, economic, moral and spiritual). They will be responsible for every aspect of leading and managing the Middle School as part of the College Executive team.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a current Queensland Teacher Registration or ability to obtain
- Have a Bachelor of Education or equivalent post-graduate qualification in education
- Be able to demonstrate authentic leadership through personal views that align with the Christian ethos of the College, including acceptance of the College’s Statement of Faith and Staff Lifestyle Requirement
To apply for the position of Head of Middle School, please refer to this application booklet: Application Booklet – Head of Middle School
The College’s practices are based on historical Biblical Christian principles and values. We seek committed Christian who have a passion to teach, model, guide and direct the lives of our students.
How to Apply
- Covering letter to the College Principal
- Completed relevant “Employment Application Form”, “Statement of Faith” and “Lifestyle Requirements” located below
- Current CV
To: College Principal
Nambour Christian College
PO Box 500
NAMBOUR QLD 4560
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all enquiries, phone 07-54513333