Impressive Facilities For a Dynamic Education
At our Sunshine Coast school campus you not only experience a rainforest setting and stunning gardens but also gain an appreciation of the first class facilities provided for our students.
Students gain an insight into agriculture at Berakah Farm
The abundance of green space on our large campus allows us to maintain a fully functioning farm for the benefit of students. Named Berakah Farm, this agricultural science facility is a rare and important introduction to agriculture. It is equipped with a diverse range of facilities that support the learning of students from Primary School right through to Senior School, where we offer Agricultural Science as an OP subject.
The farm provides students with a hands-on understanding of how food is grown, produced and sold. With a teaching space and areas for washing vegetables, plant propagation, honey extraction and mixing fertilisers, the ‘Big Shed’ underpins this practical approach to learning. The Big Shed also has a cold room, office and sales counter that form a retail outlet for vegetables, eggs, honey, seedlings and nursery plants.
This aspect of an NCC education is incredibly rewarding, as it bridges the disconnect between students, the environment and food production.
Other learning opportunities on the farm include:
- Student classroom for agricultural science lessons
- Animal shed with miniature horse stables and facilities for milking dairy cows
- Cattle yards for handling and treating beef and dairy cattle
- Training arena for teaching students animal handling skills and preparing for shows
- Pastures for miniature horses and cattle
- Orchard where a variety of citrus fruits are grown
- Beehives from which students harvest and sell honey
- Vegetable gardens for Middle and Senior School students
- Poultry shed for laying and show poultry
- Plant nursery and hothouse for plant propagation and vegetable seedlings
- A miniature show horse team for Middle and Senior School students